New Report Shows Only 0.5% of Devices are Running Android Oreo | Techpaded Blog
Kindly text FOLLOW TECHPADED to 40404 to get our latest Free Browsing Cheats via SMS for FREE!
Page | Group - Follow us - [email protected]

New Report Shows Only 0.5% of Devices are Running Android Oreo

Despite the fact that Android Oreo was released by Google quite a while ago, the system can't boast of a mere 1% of devices using it. While IOS 11 which is slowly rolling out to compatible devices than any other previous version has 60% of devices running the OS.


There is nothing in common with the way customers adopt these two completely different platforms, but the honest truth is that Android users are not well carried along in terms of software updates, unless they're buying a device made by google.

According to the latest distribution numbers published by Google, the rate at which Android Oreo is embraced is almost stagnant. Recall Google announced only 0.3% of the devices that visited the Play Store early last month were running Android Oreo. A month after (December), the figure grew only by 0.2% making a total of 0.5% devices using the platform.

To be honest, we are not expecting any real change in the figure next month, but we should see major improvements from March or April. The distribution numbers also revealed the most used Android version with 30% as Android Marshmallow, followed by Lollipop with 26%.

android distribution number

December Android distribution Numbers

  • Android Gingerbread - 0.4%
  • Android Ice Cream Sandwich – 0.5%
  • Android Jelly Bean – 5.9%
  • Android Kit Kat – 13.4%
  • Android Lollipop – 26.3%
  • Android Marshmallow – 29.7%
  • Android Nougat – 23.3%
  • Android Oreo – 0.5%

Please note that the above numbers list were generated from all Android devices that have visited Google Play Store during a seven-day period ending December 11th.

source: Google

You Just View New Report Shows Only 0.5% of Devices are Running Android Oreo Please Enter Your Email Address Below To Be The First To See And Read Our Latest Updates Via Email. We Respect Your Privacy ,We Will Not Share Your Email


0 Response to "New Report Shows Only 0.5% of Devices are Running Android Oreo"

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about this post? Kindly drop your comment here!

Are you finding it difficult to comment? Please read: 3 Easy Steps To Comment on Techpaded